Our Accounts Receivable Management, Credit-To-Cash Services include Freight Claims Filing and Proof of Delivery for a seamless, secure and automated solution for transportation PODs as well as fright claims for loss, damage, or concealed shortages.
The reasons to outsource PODs and freight claims include offloading a headache that rarely gets the attention it needs, avoiding time-bar situations, and uncovering root causes of repetitive problems, such as packaging or purchase order compliance issues. A surprising amount of profit leakage (“revenue dilution”) happens this way, which is a material profit opportunity for any shipper.
Freight Claims Filing and Management
We have a solution for all shipping modes – Parcel, Courier, Truckload (TL), Less-than-Truckload (LTL), Air, Rail, Ocean and Intermodal.
- File all freight claims and manage the process end to end.
- Manage claims for recovery within the 90-day (domestic) freight claims window.
- Provide real-time, online reporting, histories, and Carrier Claims Aging.
- Our work flow systems assure on-time follow-ups and problem resolution.
- Analysis by customer and carrier to spot problems.
- Strong controls and root cause analysis.
Intelligent Automation + Expert Staff For Managing Freight Claims
Our Carixa™ Invoice-to-Cash Platform manages the entire process, from filing of freight claims, documentation, workflow, and disciplined follow-up to assure an end-to-end solution.
- Carixa is web-based, so you can be “in the loop” at all times. Systems are highly secure, with encryption and top-tier co-hosting.
- Carixa is collaborative, eliminating the need for back and forth emails, calls and faxes. Documents can be scanned and uploaded instantly.
- Carixa maintains claims history online for audit and access.
- Carixa can provide automated updates to your system.
- We share best practices to improve your operations.
Proof of Delivery (POD) Services Using Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Carixa™ Robotic Process Automation (RPA), will automate the process of getting proofs of delivery (PODs) from TL, LTL and parcel transport carriers. Our system robots can determine when they are needed as a proactive step to assure invoice collection, even in advance of the due date, and automatically obtain the PODs, and transmit them to the customers. This will speed your cash flow and reduce past due invoices.
As an example, when large invoices are coming due for payment, or when invoices have gone past due, Carixa will trigger resolution. Carixa will access, download and (i) append the PODs for your collection workflow and/or (ii) transmit then to the customer with a copy of the invoice and a request for payment. All without manual intervention, completely automatically.
For your large customers having Accounts Payable vendor portals, Carixa can actually determine which invoices have been skipped for payment, and access debit memos for shortages or other deductions, before they have been deducted, and then trigger the POD and collection workflow process.
Carixa is a collaborative SaaS system, eliminating the need for email chains, phone calls, etc., with all files and documents accessible when you need them. There is no software or hardware to install. We offer a seamless interface with your systems, and online management reporting dashboards. Carixa Retriever™ provides advance notice of skipped invoices, shortages, and deductions, and capture of documents, debit memos (deductions), etc.
- Eliminate delays, manual work.
- Cut costs with and intelligent automation service.
- Speed cash collection, eliminate disputes and delinquencies.
- Carixa Retriever™ lets us interface with many customer systems to access deductions, disputes, and debit memos in advance of the actual payment notice or deduction.
- Carixa can automatically interface with major carrier systems to obtain PODs and append them to accounts receivable collection workflow – automatically.
- PODs are electronically transmitted or emailed to customers along with invoice copies.
- Configurable workflow and action steps depending on circumstances and your policy.
- We offer a seamless interface with your systems, and online management reporting dashboards.
- All history is maintained online for audit and anytime access.
These services can be very cost effective. For example, PODs are on a per-transaction basis. Following that, we can follow-through to resolve the deduction or held payment with your customer, and handle all freight claims on a contingency percentage fee after we have collected the claim. We handle the implementation and configuration, so there is minimal work on your side. A typical client can be up and running in 2-4 weeks.