Post-Audit Claims Research and Recovery Services
We at Smyyth provide expert full service post-audit deductions and claims defense and recovery services, including state-of-the-art auditing and reconciliation technology, to represent manufacturers and distributors in all industries (no retailers).
Post-Audit Deductions are one of the most vexing business issues faced by vendors, especially in the retail channel. Most post audit claims are generated by third-party auditors paid a commission to deduct claims.
These post-audit claims cover transactions one to several years old and are difficult and often impossible to research, given the pressures of keeping up with current business. And the onus is always on the vendor to challenge and disprove the claims.
Our experience is that up to 50% of post-audit claims or deductions can be excessive or even entirely wrong, which can be attributed to auditor zeal, bad documentation, or misinterpretation of a trade promotion or terms.
Our Post-Audit Process
- Our Carixa-AuditPro technology can work with any enterprise system to retrieve and archive support documents, including order files, invoices, trade promotions, shipping, etc.
- After uploading your post audit claims and deductions, using Carixa-AuditPro, we will reconcile them against what really happened, down to the detailed line item SKU level, which other systems can not do.
- We accept the legitimate claims that meet your policy parameters, and document the claims or deductions that are out of the policy parameters, or are excessive or incorrect.
- If an erroneous post audit claim has been deducted, we will work with the customer and the post auditor to recapture the monies for you.
- Your receive a periodic Management Findings Report will actionable insights as to root causes and recommended fixes.
- We provide Post Audit Claims Management Services on a one-time “cure” basis, or as a continuous outsource process as a long-term solution.
Actionable Post-Audit Best Practices and Policies are available on our “Notes” page, or by clicking here – ideas that you can put to work immediately.
Fees can often be structured to make us partners in the outcome; that is a guarantee of recovery of monies, or no charge. Our post-audit claims and deduction solutions can be focused to a specific customer or category, or a general solution to this troublesome issue. Please use our contact form if you need more information on post audits, or on our services in general.