Post-Audit Claims Research and Recovery for Your Business
We at Smyyth offer expert, full-service post-audit claims defense and recapture services, including state-of-the-art reconciliation and auditing technology to represent distributors and manufacturers in all industries.
Post-audit deductions can be among of the most trying business issues faced by vendors, especially those in the retail channel. Most post-audit claims are generated by third-party auditors who are paid a commission to deduct claims.
These post-audit claims cover business transactions one to several years old, and given the pressures of keeping pace with current business, are difficult and frequently impossible to research. Further, the onus is always placed on the vendor to challenge and disprove any claims.
Our experience here at Smyyth is that up to 50% of all post-audit claims and deductions can be excessive or even entirely wrong. This can be attributed to an overzealous auditor, poor documentation of past transactions, or a misinterpretation of a trade promotion or terms.
Our Post-Audit Process at Smyyth
- Our Carixa-AuditPro technology at Smyyth can work with any enterprise system to retrieve and archive any relevant support documents, including invoices, order files, shipping, trade promotions, and other pertinent records and material.
- After uploading your business’s post-audit claims and deductions with Carixa-AuditPro, our team will reconcile the claim against what really transpired down to the detailed line item SKU level, something that other competing systems cannot do.
- We approve legitimate post-audit claims that meet your policy parameters, while documenting and rejecting the claims or deductions that are outside of the policy parameters or are otherwise incorrect or excessive.
- If any erroneous post-audit claims have been deducted, our team will work with your customer and the post auditor to recapture the monies for your business.
- You will receive a periodic Management Findings Report with actionable insights into root causes and recommended fixes.
- We provide Post-Audit Claims Management Services on either a one-time “cure” basis or as a continuous outsource process for a long-term solution.
Our Actionable Post-Audit Best Practices and Policies are available on our Insights Blog page, with Post-Audit Policy Guidelines that you can immediately put to work for you.
Frequently, fees can be structured to make us partners in the outcome, creating a guarantee of recovery of monies or no charge. Our deduction and post-audit claims solutions can be focused on a specific category or customer, or to a general solution to this vexing issue.
Get the Assistance Your Business Needs Today
Please feel free to use our contact form if you need more information on post audits, trade promotion management, deduction management, or on any of our services here at Smyyth in general. As always, feel free to contact us for advice or guidance.